Thursday, July 16, 2009

Baby's first stitches

Three days ago Onyx got pecked really hard through the chicken wire in his playpen. We ran him over to the vet and he had stitches done on his head. So sad, because he was crying while he got them done and I had to hold his beak so he could not move his head away. He is getting plenty of love and is healing up nicely. I feel so bad for him because he was crying and itchy from the stitches but he can't reach to scratch. He would drag his chin on the floor shaking his head the last two days in an attempt to scratch. Good thing he couldn't reach the stitches, because otherwise I would have to make him a little cone for his head, although that would have been cute.


I made him a caution sign a few days ago because we let him sleep on our bed or the futon, so the sign was our way of warning each other where he was sleeping, so we would not flop down on him and *squish*.


No comments:

Post a Comment