Saturday, November 7, 2009

Olive Festival at Elizabeth farms, Oct 24


Parramatta Wharf is beautiful and as such, is a popular location for festivals. Last night, I went to Loy Krathong (Thai Water festival)- see blog later. It was from this wharf that I caught a shuttle to historical Elizabeth Farms.

http://www.sydney.com.au/elizabeth_farm.htm

I love Olive Oil. So, naturally, I decided to go to Parramatta for a chance to 1) explore more of Sydney and 2) get out and see people, 3) build on my ability to find places by public transit and 4) go to a festival. The festival was great. There are many many farms that produce Olive Oil, so I went to table to table looking and tasting.

Each farm had many different Olive Oils, my favorite was blood orange and olive oil mix. That is just great for drizzling on salads and pastas.


Many farms also had Balsamic Vinegar as well.


Of course, there was also fresh produce.


and cultural dancing and music. I arrived too late for the bellydance.



Spanish dancing ladies. very nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment